Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Past Updates - September 8

Hi all...
 
Just a quick note asking for your prayers this morning for Laura and myself.   
 
For Laura....Right after she puts her two older kids on the bus for their first day of school, she goes in for her next chemo.  In addition, she'll meet with her doctor to discuss her  treatment plan.   
 
For Me...I go in this morning to meet with my oncologist to find out the results of my bone and CT scans that I had last week. 
 
We would both covet your prayers for protection of our minds, our spirits and our bodies.
 
I've been reading a compilation of sermons from Charles Spurgeon, the famous British preacher from the 1800's.  It's been both inspiring and challenging and there's a quote that I wanted to share:
 
Why does a boy trust his father?  You and I know a little more about his father than he does, and yet we do not rely upon him quite so implicitly. But the reason the child trusts his father is that he loves him. Blessed and happy are they who have a sweet faith in Jesus, intertwined with deep affection for Him. They are charmed with His character and delighted with His mission. They are carried away by the lovingkindness that He has manifested, and now they cannot help trusting Him because they so much admire, revere and love Him. It is hard to make you doubt a person whom you love...I would rather be a child again than to grow perversely wise.  Faith is to be a child toward Christ, believing in Him as a real and present person who at this very moment is near us and ready to bless us...Faith takes Christ at His word.
 
Oh Lord, let me have the faith to take You at Your Word.
 
I'll keep you posted...
Thanks,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment