Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Past Updates - August 10

Hi...
 
Just a quick little note with three updates (not a novel this time, I promise!!)
 
#1:  Thanks to all of you who have prayed/are praying for Laura. Her CT scan was clear!  However, she is still waiting on the pathology results from her endoscopy (during which multiple samples are from her stomach to be biopsied).  She thought she'd have the results by now so the waiting is a bit challenging, but she's hanging in there.  She's amazing, that girl.
 
#2  I'm headed to Roswell tomorrow for blood work and an appointment with my oncologist.  If my blood work/tumor markers are normal again this month like they were in July, then I believe that I will just receive my next "menopause pill" injection into my belly and an infusion of a bone strengthening agent.  My body - especially my back - is still sore (I'm assuming it's due to tumor flare) so I'm sure we'll be discussing what, if anything, can be done to get rid of this pain without compromising my treatment plan. 
 
#3  I started running!  Although I'm only able to do 2 miles at a time (so far!), it feels absolutely GREAT to do this again.  Feeling sweaty because of working out my body rather than because of hot flashes is a marvelous thing!  In fact, the first time I ran 1/2 mile, I started crying when I was done because I was just so thankful. The funny part was that I was at my parents' cottage at the lake and I saw their neighbor as I just crossed my "finish line."  I said through happy tears, "I didn't think I'd get to run!"  He said with a confused-but-trying-not-to-be-impolite look on his face, "Yes, it is a bit hot out this morning."   Hmm...I guess he doesn't know about my diagnosis!  I just smiled and walked into the cottage and started hootin' and hollerin' with my family.  I can't imagine what he thought when he heard the shouts from our cottage...that girl must really like to run! :)
 
Enjoy your evening....
Kristie
 
P.S. Have a quiz for you all: How much do you think it costs (if I didn't have insurance, that is) for the one tic-tac sized menopause pill that I get every month - just the one pill, not the nurse or the other things that are required to administer it?  (If I've already told you, you're not allowed to guess!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment