Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just a Quick Comment

Just read a blog from a friend of a friend of a friend. 
 
Apparently, we're pretty similar.   About 40, blonde, married, 2 kids. 
Oh, and we both have cancer.
I read her story and I hear echoes of my story inside it.
 
And it puts a pit in my stomach.
 
Why?  Not fully sure.  But even though she's a wonderful writer who shares an encouraging, faith-filled and often funny side of her life, it just puts a pit in my stomach and makes me want to click off her website and never return.
 
I'm thinking that some of you do that with my updates.
I'm thinking that there are some moments when you see an email from me with the word Update in the subject line, you just can't "go there" with me that day.
 
I'm totally cool with that.
I totally get it.
Some days I can't "go there" either.
No apologies.
 
For those of you who do read each and every update I send out, I just want you to know that you are very, very brave; I admire that.
 
Much love and many thanks to all of you,
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment