Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Update #60


Don't worry; no hard story today.  Actually it's sort of a great one:  

Yesterday I went to my first fitness class in over 3 years.  

My friend Becky was gracious enough to let this out-of-shape girl try out her "we kick butt" TRX class.  While I won't go into the details of how the class is run, let's just say that…shocking…it makes you use your muscles.   And, based on how I feel today, apparently it makes you use all your muscles.  

Seriously.  
Like every single muscle.  
Every where. 
Can you say, "Whole body hurts?"   

But it's good pain.

It's the kind of pain that tells you you're in the process of strengthening and improving and refining. The kind of pain that, while PAINFUL, reminds you that your body was designed to be exercised and challenged and used. 
And, it's the kind of pain that causes my heart to leap for joy because I wasn't sure I'd ever be able to participate in such a class again.

Not to be offensive to anyone, but I truly thought Silver Sneakers was my only exercise class option left – and even that I thought would be a stretch.  [If you don't know Silver Sneakers, the name basically speaks for itself.]

So you can imagine how yesterday was just a gift to me.  
A surprising and glorious gift. 

And, after the class, as I hobbled to my car, a few tears started to well up in my eyes.  
Not at all tears of sadness, but tears of thankfulness. 

And I wanted you to know. 
Because too often I only update you when things are tough or unknown or heart-wrenching.  
Not today.   
Today - as my body screams with every step and with just about every movement – today is, for me, just a delightful day.  

Ah yes…sometimes it's easy to praise God and sometimes it's hard.  
Today is easy.  
[Well..that is…as long as I don't lift my arms or bend my knees…then it hurts like crazy!!:) ]

Yay! 
Kristie

No comments:

Post a Comment