Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Update #52 - With a Twist


It's been three years since my re-diagnosis. 
And it's been three years of you having to read update after update after update as to what's going on in my life. 

In honor of your tremendous commitment, I've decided to give you a break from reading yet another typical update and have determined that you all must now have the opportunity to experience my fantabulous poetry skills. In fact, I'm sure that, once you read this poem, you will decide that Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss have nothing on me. 


Roswell tomorrow.
Oh how fun.

Roswell tomorrow.
Hmm…what has this cancer done?

Roswell tomorrow.
For scans, scans, scans.

Roswell tomorrow
I may need ya, but I ain't one of your fans. 


Any applause? 
No? 
What's that, you say? 
Perhaps I should stick to just plain 'ole writing?

Okay.

Be back in touch next week Wednesday after I hear the results. 
Until then, please know that I will be forever thankful that you have walked these years with my family and me.   You have loved us well.

Love to you,
K. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the recent updates. I'm continuing to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete