Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Update #62


Home from Roswell.
Home from the dentist.

Guess where I cried?
Yep, at the dentist.

Although the news I heard at Roswell wasn't fabulous, all and all my current treatment plan doesn't change and I will still be taking daily meds.   The pain in my bone near my knee is probably growing bone metastases, but for now, doesn't warrant a change in anything I'm currently doing.  The swelling in my leg is most likely lymphedema due to radiation.  This means that I will be rocking a compression stocking, if not more intensive bandaging.   When I asked Chad if he would still love me if I had to wear compression hose, he immediately quipped, "Only if it can be lacy."   Funny, right?

So why the tears at the dentist?
Because my tooth isn't doing well and, because of complications from the meds I've been on, my only option may just be that it has to be pulled. 
And that was it; that was the straw the broke the proverbial camel's back.  So, despite my best efforts at sucking it up and trying not to cry, the tears started to flow.  Thankfully my dentist is a great guy and, although he wondered what the heck he said that opened the floodgates, he knows what's going on with me and therefore didn't think I was totally crazy! :)

Oh, almost forgot.  Want to know Chad's comment when I asked him if he would still love me if I had to wear a compression stocking and had missing molar?  
"Of course I will because that is totally sexy in West Virginia."  
He's a funny guy, right? 

You are more than welcome to crack your own jokes at my situation.
Laughter is FAR better than tears.
Just ask my dentist!

Love to you
Kristie
P.S.  To further humiliate myself...the video shows my response when I said that waiting for 45 minutes in the exam room made me feel like a caged tiger.  

No comments:

Post a Comment